1. Background and Necessity
Necessary to establish an easily accessible platform for reception of innovative technologies
- An innovative Technical proposal system that can communicate better with citizens by opening the door of the government office wider
- A system that is easily available for proposal of innovative technologies anytime, anywhere
Necessary to establish an evaluation system for objective and fair verification of innovative technologies
- A systematic innovative technology review and evaluation system that can gain a foothold for the application of innovative technologies to the projects implemented by Seoul City
- To provide site demonstration opportunities for the innovative technologies that have difficulty in finding markets due to lack of track record
Necessary to establish a support system to link innovative technologies with the policy administration of Seoul City
- To enhance the level of services for citizens by applying innovative technologies of the private sector to the policy administration of Seoul City
- Necessary to introduce the innovative technologies of the private sector to solve the complicated and various urban problems of Seoul
- To support the growth of companies by actively increasing the effective support of innovative companies
Establish the ‘New Technology Reception Desk’ in order to receive, evaluate, and support innovative technologies of the private sector to link them with the policy administration of Seoul City.
2. Direction of Implementation
Establish a platform that can receive and invite public participation of innovative technologies on a permanent basis (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
- The suggested technology that passes verification evaluation will be designated as an innovative technology.
- The suggested ideas will be classified into the idea for research and the idea for start up at the time of acceptance.
- If necessary, invite public participation of technical solutions for a specific urban problem and support a joint research after giving a reward. (Collective intelligence type public contest)
- Innovative technology : A technology which is superior to the existing competing technologies in function, durability, economic feasibility, etc. or which cannot be substituted with the existing technologies
- Idea for research : An idea which can be commercialized after research
- Idea for start up : An idea which can be used for technology start up
Establish a direct link system with the policy administration of Seoul City by introducing a technology evaluation system.
- The technology that passes verification evaluation through on-site demonstration will be designated as an innovative technology.
- Provide support for direct link to the policy administration of Seoul City such as public purchase and design reflection.
Establish a system supporting research and start up for the commercialization of ideas.
- The suggested ideas will be upgraded for research and start up to be linked to technical proposals.
Support System of New Technology Reception Desk
3. proposal and Evaluation Process
- Domestic and overseas private company (creative one-man business, venture, and SME), Government-funded research institute, local government's research institute, related academic society and association, ordinary citizen, etc.
Areas of proposal
- Innovative and superior technologies and ideas necessary for the solution of the pending urban problems of Seoul in areas such as the city’s infrastructure, safety & disaster prevention, living environment, and ICT (system, equipment device, software, construction method technique, materials, etc.)
- In the area of technology proposal, an innovative technology will be designated and linked to the policy administration of Seoul after completion of verification through preliminary review, technical evaluation (document screening, presentation), and demonstration evaluation.
- In the area of idea proposal, the idea for research and the idea for start up will be designated separately after the preliminary review and evaluation of the idea and will be given support for research and commercialization.
Process of Acceptance, Evaluation, and Support of NTRD